Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 11 - In Which We Move Back In

I  missed Saturday -- that was cleanup day (with the help of friend Michele!).  Had to wash off all the windows, shelves, molding, etc., which still had wood dust.  Sunday morning I checked out.  The luggage cart was stacked to the brim--suitcase & duffel bag, two folded quilts (cat throws), cat post, litter box (encased in plastic bags), cat heating pad, large hamper filled with books, etc., cat toy tin, duffel bag o' wet and dry food.  Ish.  Got back here around 8:30 and started moving stuff out of the breakfast nook.  Joe arrived at 11:00 or so from the airport and we started right in on moving in all the heavy stuff.  We have all of the heavy furniture back in (except for Joe's unwieldy Ikea Tower of Shelves) and some boxes.  I think we may be mostly moved in by the end of tomorrow.  Gromit woke me up at 2:00, as usual, and now I can't get back to sleep because I'm unpacking in my head.  Gromit is, of course, asleep.  

The best news--Fidget has already thrown up a furball, and cleanup was a dream!!

1 comment:

JoeFallon said...

Then what happened? My guess: Gregory Peck tries to stab Gromit with the 7 daggers of Meggado, but fails. Gromit goes to military school, grows up, is now advising the President. Just a guess.